Okay beauty lovers, here's a bargain for you. Sephora is having their makeup madness promotion in which you can save 15% off your entire purchase! Details below:
Save 15% off your entire purchase from April 12th to April 19th with online code B42RD9. In order to save 15% in-store, you need to have the coupon. This offer was sent out to B.I.s (Beauty Insiders). If you are a B.I. you should have received your offer in the mail or via Email. The image here is what I received in the mail.
If you are not a B.I. and would like to be, membership is free. To sign-up your Email address go to www.sephora.com/go/email
There are a couple ways to lower your energy bills and one of them is the Home Energy Solutions (HES) audit in CT. Note: there are similar programs offered in many states although the terms / offerings may vary. To find out more for your state, go to your heating provider's website.
This program is offered by the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund and administered by CL&P. The service costs $75 and depending on your home can potentially include the following:
* A home energy assessment including a blower-door test which pinpoints critical drafts and air leaks. After they are found, the technician will professionally seal them during the visit.
* Hot water-saving measures including low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators will be installed.
* Rebates for qualifying central air conditioning systems and for replacement of certain inefficient appliances with qualifying energy-efficient models.
-- This is huge. All rebates they are offering double once you have this audit. So the $50 rebate for a fridge doubles to $100 off or the $500 HVAC rebate doubles to $1,000!
* Installation of energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs.* Incentives for insulation upgrades.
* At the end of the audit / service they also do a “kitchen table wrap-up” where the technician will review the work that was done in your home and tell you about additional resources that can help you save energy and money.
There are several ways to sign up for the service by visiting http://www.cl-p.com/home/saveenergy/rebates/homeenergysolutions.aspx. Either download the list of authorized contractors that can perform this service OR apply on line & a contractor will contact you. I called the contractors directly as I had time constraints and found them easy to work with.
If you love to travel and are want to stay on the pulse of the best deals -- Travelzoo (www.travelzoo.com) is the site for you.
The home page boasts deals for hotel, vacations, cruises and much more. It even has daily top deals for those not wanting to wait to make vacation plans. (And I know who you are -- just send me a postcard!)
For your reference, below is an excerpt from the newsletter I got this morning. Who wouldn't want to get this? NEW YORK--APRIL 12, 2010-- This morning JetBlue reduced fares from New York City to destinations in the U.S. & Caribbean as part of their 10th Anniversary Spring Sale.
A new Stop&Shop is opening in Darien this Friday, April 16th.
It is located where the Shaw's was formerly located on Old Kings Highway. If you received the Sunday paper, there was an insert with a $5 coupon good off a $40 purchase (with minor limitations) to help entice traffic.
In general, new store openings (grocery or otherwise) can be a treasure trove of good deals and deep discounts to entice potential new customers. When there is a new store opening in your area, I would definitely recommend checking it out.